Wednesday, September 25, 2013

GB shares some ISDE history


1978 ISDT Sweden. Ted Goddard with flag. I'm hidden next to Mark Chapman (the guy with long hair and beard). Laurie Alderton is bringing up the rear. Phil Lovett is up the front. Looks like Hans has an itchy nose...

 

1980 French ISDT - The last before they called it the ISDE. Piloting a Maico 440cc with Sachs air shocks #484. I won the final moto at this event.


1981 ISDE - Island of Elba, Italy. Maico 504cc #280. The Sachs Air Shocks were something else - loved em!



This is at the 1982 ISDE Czechoslovakia. I was on a 504cc Maico and managed to win the final moto here. My trademark - no gloves! I couldn't stand wearing gloves and managed to ride most of the special tests without them!


Rut from 1983 ISDE Wales. Dragging the Can-Am 250 free.


Final moto 1983 ISDE.



 

1 comment: